Sunday, February 12, 2012

Oregon City

Traveling with children is not enjoyable. And if you have children and disagree, then Im pretty sure you and I have nothing in common.
This past week, we took the kids up to Oregon City to see our best friends, Jese and Chris, and their girls, Kena and Charli. Jese has been my best friend since we met at McGrath's in high school. Both each other's Maid of Honors, first roommates, lots of boy stuff, and now the adventures of motherhood and the journey of having 2 children and husbands that work nights.
After leaving Bend right at our projected exit time, 10am, we thought it was smooth sailing. I had just strapped the new car DVD player to the back of the driver side seat for Kael to enjoy some Wow Wow Wubbzy and we were off. Ohhhh, right about 3 miles from the house on the parkway, I glance in the back seat just as Kael is gearing up to front donkey kick the DVD player. And sure enough *BAMM* he just kicked it. I seriously thought I was going to have a heart attack as I just saw $ $ $ $ floating in the air. Luckily it didn't break. It just skipped past the previews straight to where he wanted it, the start menu. The kick jolted the seat and Keoni says, "What the hell was that?" My response in a just don't ask type of way, "Oh, nothing." He just rolled eyes.
Somehow we managed to make it to Jese and Chris' house with no other incidents. Smooth sailing!
Once in Oregon City, Kael and Kena picked up right where they left off. As did Keoni and Chris. And I got to hold little, Charli Lynn for the first time.
Kena Ann 3 years old
Charli Lynn 8 weeks old
We had a really great time in Oregon City. Of course we came home more tired than when we left, but it was well worth it and way too quick of a trip. The highlight of our trip hands down was celebrating Kena's third birthday with her! Well, that and the Old Navy shopping, test driving a WRX, and pedicure with only me and Jese...

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness Charli is adorable!!! I can't wait to meet her!

    ReplyDelete