Monday, January 9, 2012

Three is Rad

Kael has officially entered the, "I Am a Complete Freak in Public" phase. Today our trip to Fred Meyer consisted of the following:


  • Kael refusing to get into the cart or hold my hand in the parking lot. Instead he wanted to
    "hold his own hand". I sighed.

  • We arrive safely to the produce area and he picks up a tomato and bites it, screams, "Gross" and throws the tomato towards a lady in a motorized cart, she doesn't notice and runs over the tomato. I'm looking around to make sure no one noticed.

  • I run into a girlfriend just a few moments later and put on my best momma face that everything is just, great.

  • We circle around to the deli and I order 1/2 lb of pastrami. I turn away from the cart leaving Maeli buckled unsupervised for a second and I hear, "Bye Maes." I turn around in time to see my cart flying away from me straight into the Boar's Head display of various mustards and such. Mae slams into the display and bottles begin to roll. At this point I had stalkers watching me. I bent down, grab Kael's shoulders, only to see a woman stop and stare at me. I pull out from within, "Kael, I'm frustrated because you are being a freak, you have lost your choice to walk, you now have to ride in the cart. What I meant was, "Are you f*&^!ing serious right now?"

  • We make it through the frozen foods section.

  • Enter the Meat Department. Apparently there is speed floating in the air. He begins to just run. Back and forth multiple times from end to end poking his finger in the meat packages. I'm quickly trying to pick out stew meat. I look up to see Kael running full speed towards the freezer with the shrimp and he hits it, falls, and laughs. Now, everyone in meats is staring at me....the meat guy is staring at me....I watching Kael and see him run back to me close to Maeli. He grabs her cookie out of her hand and she kicks him in the face. He screams, "No Maes!"

  • I head towards canned food. At this point I'm about to have a melt down. He completely runs away from me and all the way down the canned aisle knocking items off the shelves. I yell towards him to come back. Then try Red Light. Then just let him go....

  • I caught up with him heading towards the check out. Now I'm really panicking. Check out is hell. All the candy on display...I bend down and tell him to ride in the cart and help me put things on the belt to buy them. He screams, "No," and begins to have a major tantrum since I trying to keep him form falling to the group. At this point people aren't staring, they are glaring. I then begin to say to people, "Glaring at me isn't helping the situation right now, thanks so much for you concern!"

  • Keoni carries him out kicking and screaming.

  • I get in line and the lady in front of me turns around and says, "Wow, he was out of control." I respond. "He's not out of control. He's three."












5 comments:

  1. I'll be right over with a six-pack... of wine bottles! I could say so many things here but honestly my lingering thought is, "Keoni was there and all this still went down? WTF?" Next time strap him down on daddy's shoulders and render him immobile... though that may only last one aisle before he wiggles daddy's head to death trying to get down!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no you poor thing! I thought it was supposed to be terrible two not three! Maybe I am not ready for this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love ya girl I feel for ya but keep posting, your little stories crack me up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. God, I hate three year olds. What a miserable age.

    That said, I loved your story, so I'm glad YOU have a three year old and all this blog fodder going on in your life right now! lol.

    ReplyDelete